• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Put your money away and ....

Lincoln

NAXJA Member #321
NAXJA Member
step away from the van.

I just figured out after almost two years that the Snap-On guy only lives about 100 yards away. I could of had a bunch of new crap if the wife hadn't of driven by. Something about a tool problem and spending all that money for new tires I didn't need. :confused: "Problem" and " Tools" just don't belong in the same sentance.

I did finally get my junker out of the driveway though. We went out on Easter and tried out dad's new Jeep. Not too many problems for it's first outing.

Later,
Lincoln

042003_rc_small.jpg

dad.JPG

Dude!

I [was] a Snap-On guy for a year and a half... and took the Van home every night. 100k in inventory at ones fingertips. LOL more than a few goodies got 'field-tested' at the Woody Ranch. If I had only got my MJ sooner, I'd have gotten a LOT more stuff at cost than I have now (stuff like mucho Air Tools, Torx sockets, DMM, MM140 110v MIG & so on LOL) I own a pretty rigged Craftsman collection, but nothing wrong with 'doubles'.

That reminds me, I need to hunt up our local Toolguy for some ratchet kits.

STAY OUT OF THAT VAN...it's worse than a crackhouse

I'm :eyes: a set of new wrenches. Those flank drives intrigue me.

I've got a mixture of tools. Cheap, junk, good, and expensive. But I don't care for the recent Craftsmen stuff. It also depresses me that I'm still using some of of old and long over due for replacement Husky stuff because they have junked the line down like Craftsmen and it's almost impossible to get any Proto (crappy now also) stuff replaced around here. I've been buying Cornwell and Wright for my good tools for about ten years though SK has been slips in the mix occasionally.

So what's everyone's opinion on the flank drive end wrenches?

I worked at a Chry dealer for several years in the parts dept back in the late 70's to early 80's, had an accounts with Snap-On, Mac, and Service tools at the same time. I was like a kid in a candy store, but was careful of what I bought due to the prices (yikes!). I was single then with few bills, there's no way I could afford their stuff today. I can rember when $900 for a tool box was considered obscene. Man how things have changed. TC

At least when they tell you the price you know you weren't dreaming.

I guess this fall they are running a deal if you buy these two boxes you get one of those bar stool go karts. You only have to spend $3K. Sounds like a deal to me.
40705.JPG

35766.JPG

Back