• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj,mj,yj etc

Simple: 2-door and 4-door. All down-size ('84 through 2001) Cherokees are code XJ. The pickup version was called the Comanche and produced from '86 through '92, code MJ.

The YJ was the early (leaf spring) Wrangler, TJ is the current (coil spring) Wrangler.

XJ's are what we are about here, some call them the small or Classic Cherokees '84 and up.
ZJ's are the Grand Cherokee's up to '98.
WJ's are Grand Cherokee's from '99 on.
MJ's are the pickup version of the XJ.
YJ is the square headlight Wrangler which was replaced by the current round headlight Wrangler.
I'm not going to explain what a BJ is, if ya have to ask....

Body styles were pretty much all the same (boxy, sharp edges) until 96. 97 they went to a more rounded look...then I think they rounded them off even more in another year.

And of course the SJ is the FSJ

and the KJ, well it stands for "Killed Jeep" and the IFS phenomenon /bandwagon will do that.

When I am done hording MJs and choice XJs, I need some J2000-3000s for the fleet.

To add to what TC said... BJ is something we all dream about :D ....... Beijing Jeep :) :) The Chinese are still making the Cherokee with some cool improvements :) :)

Kejtar

Back