• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

re-gear and locker question

BeJay1981

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 93 Cherokee automatic with a d30 up front and d35c trac loc w/abs in the back.

I plan on going from the current 3.55s to 4.10's. Can I use my existing carriers to accomidate that gear ratio? Also I havent decided between the Poertrax no slip or lock-rite. Can either of these lockers be used in the factory trac-loc carrier?

On the powertrax website I was a little confused between part #'s and applications. It appears that there was a change to the d35 axle in 1994? What was this change and why won't one locker fit vs' the other.

Can anyone shed some light on these questions. Im ready to order the parts but just don't want to make any mistakes on what im getting.

i am pretty sure that you will need a new carrier for the 30, i think the lowest it can go is 3.73.

Your only option in a lunchbox locker is the powertrax no-slip. in your traclok rearend.

if you want to spend less on it then track down an open carrier. maybe on ebay for a few $$$
then you can get an ezlocker and save about $100.

Back