• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody run an Oil cooler?

tjl1388

NAXJA Forum User
I am interested if this would be a worthwile mod. I rarely run over 220-230, but I know if I can keep it cooler the better it is for the long term life of my engine. It's only a $100 mod from Rusty's----how hard is the install?

Thanks guys.

I run a separate tranny cooler, not an oil cooler. But considering the two are the same basic thing.....

It was super easy to add on. Increased the fluid capacity about 1/2 qt or so. Temp stays just under 210 all the time. How well the unit works depends on part in where you locate it. The more fresh air that hits it the better.

Sarge

Could I mount it under a front facing hood vent? Would water hurt it. If not that would be a heck of a baffle to keep water out of my vents.

Or should I just stick to the front of the radiator?

I'm running a stacked plate style transmission cooler from a Ford Exploder on my '89 XJ. I bought the cooler from a junkyard for next to nothing and in perfect shape.

I placed it in front of the radiator on the drivers side...fits like a glove with room to spare.

You could use the same unit for an engine oil cooler if that is what your asking.

Weather will not affect it what so ever as it is sealed to hold the fluid in, therefore it will keep the elements out....good luck.

Back