• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help.... Fuel Pump

XJ91

NAXJA Forum User
Would anybody know if I can use a fuel pump from a '91 YJ for my '91 XJ?

Both have 4.0L HO.

There is a guy selling one that is only 1 year old at a reasonable price and I can really use one.

ThanX ...

As far as I know the YJ's all had 4.2L's not 4.0. Don't know if that makes a differrence. Check with an online parts store for the part numbers for yours and the YJ in question.

ZmOz said:
And weren't all the 4.2's carbureted? If so then the pump most likely won't work...

They went to FI in 90 or 91, ours was an 89 and had that carter BBD when we first got it and I did the weber converision as well as the nutter bypass...

the yj changed to the 4.0 in 89 as well as the xj. The difference in the fuel pumps is the mounting. The xj's mount in front of the tank, and the yj mounts on the top. So...no, they are not interchangable.

logdog said:
the yj changed to the 4.0 in 89 as well as the xj. The difference in the fuel pumps is the mounting. The xj's mount in front of the tank, and the yj mounts on the top. So...no, they are not interchangable.

Nope, 89YJ still had the 4.2 with a mechanical fuel pump on the block.

Back