• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Long Arm Kit

wannabe

NAXJA Forum User
A buddy of mine that owns Land Cruiser Northwest went wheeling with a someone that owns a company called centerline motorsports and they just came out with a new LA kit. Since the company is located just across town (portland OR) from me this looks very promising. I like how the xmember is flush with the frame rails raising the attachment point for the lower arms. I think Im going to get this. Check it out and let me know what you think. I was goin to do claytons but this would be cheaper since I dont have to pay for shipping. The only thing that I might not like is the stock they use for the LA's. I will meet with them this week and see what they have to say. http://www.centerlinemotorsports.com/

Looks nice, but are the only bolts that hold the new x-member to the Jeep the 2 factory bolts on either side? Just a thought.

MIke

I wouldnt think so Im sure that its a bolt on and weld in installation. I just talked to my land cruisers NW buddy and he said that the owner of centerline is in Everett for the week so i wont be able to talk to him till next week. Thru my friend and the website I found out that the owner used to and still is parttime i guess building parts for trailready and is the companies spotter on the national circuit so Im sure he knows his sh it. Ill update when I talk to him.

wannabe said:
I like how the xmember is flush with the frame rails raising the attachment point for the lower arms.

I'm not seeing that. Looks like the crossmember bolts to the bottom of the "frame" rails just like every other cookie cutter long arm kit.

Jes

Jes said:
I'm not seeing that. Looks like the crossmember bolts to the bottom of the "frame" rails just like every other cookie cutter long arm kit.

Jes

I agree. The only way that crossmember could sit flush with the bottom of the framerails is if the frame mount brackets are inverted in their photo. But I don't think that's the case.

And if that were the case, the t-case would probably sit to high in the tunnel, there's just not enough room to lift it that high, unless you do some creative reshaping of the sheet metal. :dunno: Dunno fer sure.

Like I said I will wait for him to come back from trailready next week, check it out and add feedback here. I dont want to say anything about the kit until I see it and speak with the MFG'r first. Just looked like a quality kit and for some of us on the west coast the shipping costs of sending certain kits from NC etc. make this a cheaper alternative. Like I said Ill just wait and see.

Back