• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE which one ?

SVT

NAXJA Forum User
okay I know that I need a SYE in the near future, everybody was telling me to run R.E hack & tap, which cost how much (cdn) ? I phoned the local 4x4 store & the sell Pro Comp SYE ($550 cdn) is this to much ? & is one kit inferior to the other at all ?

SVT said:
okay I know that I need a SYE in the near future, everybody was telling me to run R.E hack & tap, which cost how much (cdn) ? I phoned the local 4x4 store & the sell Pro Comp SYE ($550 cdn) is this to much ? & is one kit inferior to the other at all ?

How much is that in real $? I think for that money you can get the Tom Woods with a driveshaft. Plus I didn't even know that procomp made one.

I got my RE h&t with drive shaft for 380. Might have been less but I know it was not more. This was for a 96 which has the same output shaft as yours. HTH. JIM. Forgot to add it came from DPG OFFROAD.

Last edited:
Doesn't make any difference which one you get, they're basically all the same, as long as you get one with a 32 spline output shaft. The difference in price between one with the stock 28 spline and the HD 32 spline is insignificant in the long run, and you would be much better off with the HD unit. It's not a good idea to have your t-case output shaft be the weak link.....if it breaks you cannot get the rig off the trail without fixing the t-case.

which transfer case do you have?

I have installed both the currie SYE and the Advanced adapter SYE in the 231 case.
just short of laying each kit out on the table I personally recomend the AA kit.
The mainshaft is beefier by not using the older style roller bearings.
if you have a 242 or are on a tight budget then go with a hack and tap with a six states driveshaft. his pricing is better in my experience and Eric has been around longer the Tom. (Tom woods started out at six states).
SVT said:

242 tcase, I pick up the AA one thats the actual one the store has I think,he made a mistake when he said Pro Comp, but as for drive shafts I will have to look around, Thanks for the help so for guys, all info is appreciated. :read:

Back