• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RK Long Arm Kit - Whos running it?

Adam Duncan

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I think ive made up my mind. Im buying the RK kit, but I would like to know if any of you are running it and how you like it? Also, so pics of it (just the long arms) would be great, especially the new brackets that need to be welded.

rock krawler? isnt that the one that everybody hates...

They changed thier system to get rid of the little uper arm they had problems witth. I haven't heard form anyone using the new system yet but thier stuffis prettey strong i have thier track bar and had shocks and springs.

Well, it looks like I will be installing it this thursday afternoon/friday afternoon/saturday. So, ill keep you guys updated. Im not even sure where the hell the brackets are welded, and while on subject, would most shops weld those on for me? And how much should I expect to pay?

Well, I'd be your guy. I had a gen 1 system, Broke it. Read , they sent me the gen 2 system, for free Read, broke the upper arm bolts and the same week they replaced all there customers, Bad design.

So now I've got the re redesigned Gen 2 Rockkrawler 8" long arm. Things you need to do that they dont say.

1. Defenitly get some sort of high steer. Steering sucks.
2. Plan on limiting straps, bumpstops, and rear bumpstops. None of which are included. (But nobody includes this stuff anyway)

All that said. Heres some of my jeep at URE
0.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

More

In general the front end works really well. I have experianced some unloading while climbing, but I think this will be solved with a limiting strap in the middle. The only thing I dont like at this point is the front works to well. The suspension isn't balanced out of the box. But I think that all manufactures are building in as much possible flex into suspensions that they can. Even though most of it ends up being unbalanced and youhave to fix it anyway.

I guess my advice to you would be to do it all yourself. Search on here and on pirate. Buy a few steel cutting tools, cut up your brackets and arms, take them to your local welder and have him weld them up. You'll probably come out cheaper, have some new tools, and have learned somthing in the process.

csudman said:
So now I've got the re redesigned Gen 2 Rockkrawler 8" long arm. Things you need to do that they dont say.

1. Defenitly get some sort of high steer. Steering sucks.
2. Plan on limiting straps, bumpstops, and rear bumpstops. None of which are included. (But nobody includes this stuff anyway)

Hmm, I ordered my 8" kit yesterday.
I'm not too worried about the bumpstops and straps yet, I won't be wheeling the snot out of it until the gears and armor are in place.

Can I get you to elaborate on the steering issues though, like what can I expect right out of the box as far as problems?
I'll be running 35x12.5 MT/Rs

I'm having the lift, SYE, and CV shaft installed by a shop that many consider the best in the area, so I have no doubt that it will be installed, set-up and aligned correctly, but this being my first lift (screw baby steps) I don't know what to expect.

I have about 10 days until my XJ goes under the knife, and I'd like to know if there is something else I need to consider.

Thanks.

Wow, this thread is old. But you sound like your heading in the right direction with your jeep, give a few weeks or a month and you will learn that these mods may only get you ankle deep into the wheel'n mess. I am running a very similar set-up as CSUDman and i like it so far after several months, and i drive mine everyday @ 8's 35 BFG's on an '00 XJ. Good luck. _steve

Back