• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another cps ?

SirFrack

NAXJA Forum User
is there anything special about the cps harness? i want to get rid of the harness and just splice the wires together. i recently replaced the cps and everything was going good till just recently. going over bumbs on the road and the engine would sputter, if its bumpy enough the engine would just die.

when i shake or twist the harness the engine dies. so i hope im correct in saying that the harness is bad.

my jeep----1991 auto, 4.0l

on a side note...when i replaced the cps i had to get the one for a manual trans, the automatic one didnt fit.

For the 1990 and earlier 4.0 CPS, there is a small harness that comes in a kit with the CPS from the dealer. The harness carries the CPS signal directly to the computer, cutting out the factory wiring. It is an upgrade to solve connectivity/resistance problems. Not sure for your 1991- different wiring- ask the dealer if the harness is available for the 1991 model, or if one for an earlier year will fit. It is a way cleaner way to go than trying to cut up the factory wiring harness. 4xBob

Back