• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cost of XJ D44 axle housing?

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
What should I expect to give for a D44 axle housing?
I found one at a local shop.
He said $150 but I thought that was a little steep. Any thoughts?
Of course no axles or gears.

I found one at pick and pull for $100.00. Sorry XJCHUCK72 has dibs.

I got a complete xj44 for $200. So $150 w/o axles or gears seems a little steep. But it also dosen't seem too bad. Plenty of people pay lats more than that. Later, Eric

i've been watching them go on ebay for 400 to 700...... i have a line on a trashed beater with a D44 in the back but im still workin on the old farmer who cant make up his mind...

I got my 44 complete drum to drum for $200. The guy I bought it from paid $150 at a u-pull-it and i paid him for the effort/bee stings.

Went and looked at the axle it is out of an XJ who would of thought after looking in a 200 mi radius it would be less than 2mi. from my house. Anyway he said $200.00 it did have 3.55 or 3.54 he wasn't sure I will still need axles and brakes but someone told me I could use TJ d44 axles with an XJ plate on them and the brakes could be swaped from my D35 is any of this true also I was going to offer $150 cash does this sound like a good price?

Remember that you are going to spend another $250 for the axles, plus the brake parts. A complete one for $400 is a better deal.

I've got one for $75!

I have a bare XJ D44 housing in good shape and even has a truss welded over the top for $75 if you want it. :) However, I am in Northern WI. I will be traveling west in a month, but still not too close to OK. I'll be passing through Omaha on my way to Colorado. Drop me an email if you're interested. [email protected]

Jeff

Back