• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Has anyone installed sky's extreme control arms

lapaul

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone installed sky's extreme control arms with new larger 2 inch diameter bushings,

How do you get them to fit into the part of the bracket that attaches to the frame. It seems like they are too wide to fit.

I solved the fitting problem by using a bolt, washers and several nuts to pry apart the sides of the brackets till the control arms could fit (the brakets had been squeezed too tight by control arms with narrower bushings)

I still wonder if anyone had experience with Skys Extreme control arms good or bad.

I have had them on my jeep for almost 2 years now. Haven't had a problem with them to date other than normal bushing wear and the big nut on them coming lose. I've bashed them with a few rocks and seem to hold up well. Like you said all you have to do is grab a crow bar and bend out the bracket. I had to do the same thing when I changed the bushings. Definately they are good control arms for the price.

Just my opinion, but I'm a bit leary of their products in a general sense. While some people have reported no problems, others have had experiences that were.....ahem.....much less than favorable. I've seen some of their work up close and based on what I saw, some of it looked beefy while some of the "engineering" looked quite scarey. Their control arms looked stout.

I have a 6" lift that has had absolutely no problems for the year and a half that I have had it. Not sure what problems other people have had but I have absolutely no complaints.

It's good to hear you haven't had any problems. I've always wished the guys at Sky's Extreme well and for a successful business. I won a set of rock rails from them several years back, but sold the certificate as I wasn't too keen on the design.

It's a good idea to inspect the products before buying. And if you don't know much about fabrication, then have someone who does check it out too.

kirby said:
I have a 6" lift that has had absolutely no problems for the year and a half that I have had it. Not sure what problems other people have had but I have absolutely no complaints.

Kirb, has your Jeep ever been offroad? :dunno:

Anybody have a link or pictures of "questionable" products I wouldnt mind making an opinion.

XJEEPER said:
Kirb, has your Jeep ever been offroad? :dunno:
I get off road about once or twice a year mind you.:twak: One day I'll make a trip with you guys. We just have to plan for about 8 pm on the weekdays:doh:.
Although I have been quite rough on them. Trails that the jeep has survived hell's revenge, fins and things, moab rim, cliff hanger, gold bar rim, and metal masher, along with some local stuff. I have their older arm style too which look a little smaller than their new ones.

Back