• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tomken rear springs?

XJjosh

NAXJA Member #1025
Has anyone ever had experience with these springs? Good? Bad? I would like some for my XJ. Thanks.

XJjosh said:
Has anyone ever had experience with these springs? Good? Bad? I would like some for my XJ. Thanks.

I don't know how to classify it, but I picked up a used set which ended up going bad on me (or maybe it was already bad and I didn't notice)... it did S shape thing by the forward eyes... My vote goes out to RE springs :D

Oh yeah and if you do go with tomken go with rubber bushings as the poly will drive you nuts! (at least they drove me nuts)

XJjosh said:

i have their pack from their 8" kit.
i like them. the flex isnt to bad. i run my xj empty and they have only have settled a half inch in 11/2 years.
mild case of suface rust, (no biggie) but rattle can can take care of that.
hth
-g

I have their 4" pack and they havn't settled that I have noticed yet. They ride firm but I like them and flex well. They handle loads pretty well and hardly sag whent he rear end is full of my moving boxes. Don't know if they have poly or rubber since I bought them used but they don't bug me at all.

Back