• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ppl with a rear tire carrier, where did you put your plate

Tomken makes a bracket that relocates it to the driver side of the jeep. It also includes a kit to relocate the license plate light onto the bracket. It is included with the rear bumper, and I don't see it in their catalog, but if you called them (719-395-2526), they could send one to you.

climberjeep said:
Tomken makes a bracket that relocates it to the driver side of the jeep. It also includes a kit to relocate the license plate light onto the bracket. It is included with the rear bumper, and I don't see it in their catalog, but if you called them (719-395-2526), they could send one to you.

Here's a pic of the Tomken plate relocation bracket. I'm not using it anymore. If I can find it in the garage it's your's. It shouldn't be that hard to get across the state with the Michigan Jeepers network.
picture.JPG

Last edited:
I put mine in the middle of the spare. I don't have a light on it, but I've been running it like this for a couple years with no problems with the po-leese.

I do think the relocation bracket shown above is a better option, it just hasn't become a need yet for me.

Pat

Just used some roofing screws drilled straight in to the tailgate with rubber washers in between the plate and the tailgate...
493026_7_full.jpg

My tire carrier offsets the tire to one side and there are 4 factory screwholes in my tailgate for the liscense plate. Therefore I put the two screwholes to the left of the plate and lined them up with the right screwholes in the tailgate, and voila, my plate is offset and still lit. HTH

Ary

i put mine in the center of the tire, and havent beed hassled by the man. 'knock on wood!!!!'

Just bought a cheap black frame for the license plate and a trailer light kit. Works good. I like those Light n'Boltz though. Trick idea.

dscn1176.jpg

Back