• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting ready for my first lift

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey NAXJA. This is my first post here. Some of you may have seen some of my questions on other lists, but I know that there is a ton of knowledge here that can help me.

I have a 2000 XJ 4x4, 4 door, auto, 6 cyl. All stock except 15x8 steel wheels.

I just received my new Rubicon Express (6010) 3.5 " lift w/ add-a-leafs. I wanted the full spring kit, but I needed to save a little $ and I only have 46K miles on the Jeep. I have Douche Tech shocks & JKS disconnects. The kit is supposed to have everything else I need for the lift.

Anybody used this kit on their Jeep? Any issues or items I should be prepared for? I was going to try to install tomorrow, but I need to wait and plan it better. I am thinking of installing in 2 weeks (June 6th, I think). Any help will be appreciated and food/drinks will be provided. I am in Costa Mesa, CA but willing to bring it to some where more convienent or where all tools are accesible. I have most tools & will be buying jack/stands.

I will be running 31" BFG A/T KO's. I also have a set of rock rails and factory tow hooks that need to be installed.

Just passing on some knowledge, are you spraying penetrating lube on all the bolts, like PB Blaster? If not, start doing it now, so they'll be ready by June 6th.

Be prepared for an SYE and CV shaft, it might not be needed right off the bat, but be prepared for it in your budget.

Yeah, I plan for first spray down tomorrow after I wash it. I am hoping I will not have to use an SYE. I do not mind degree shims or even a t-case drop for a short time while I save for the SYE.

Thanks,

Robert

I have a 99 with a 3" lift. I dont need a SYE, no vibes plus angles are ok. Good luck with the install, your gonna love the lift!!

Back