• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to find hood spacers?

climberjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I have seen a few websites with spacers or shims to raise your hood about 3/4". They say that it will make your engine run cooler. Any luck with these, and if so, where can I find them? Thanks

I used nuts and bent the lip down..

I suppose it cools the engine better than not. I can see heat waves come from it.

is.php

is.php

depending on how tall you want to go, just go to a local metal supply store and buy some square tubing.
if needed, depending on height, you may need new bolts.
I did a 2" lift, with new bolts.
As stated it works I guess. At least you see some heat waves coming out. I do not think it made that much difference and went back to the stock set-up.
You can check out GO-JEEP's web site for the technical stuff as he went to a cowl type hood.
Also there was a thread about this subject as I remember. If you have not already you might try a search.

I have done this when I first got my XJ but then took it out. Couldn't tell if it actually cooled the engine though.

You will need 2x3/4 sqare tube 3" in length, 4 new grade 8.8 screws m8x40mm. Drill two 8mm holes 50mm apart in the tube.

It's pretty simple and cost under $7.

I have mine spaced up about 1/2" with extra flat washers, but like everyone else, haven't noticed that it helps or not. I do have a temp sensor under the hood, but no before and after tests.

I had an injector go bad on me and since the rear edge of the hood is close to the interior air intake at the base of the windshield, I could smell the gas fumes. This may have saved me from an expension under-hood fire. So be prepared, you may notice more fumes when you run this mod.

Back