• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

adjustable control arms??

im looking at getting a 3 inch lift for my 99 XJ, not sure which brand yet, but Im thinking I might should also buy adjustable control arms to make sure i can get the alignment as close to stock as possible. Is this a good idea? I know at least a few of the 3 inch kits use stock control arms, which i dont see being too good of an idea. Would i need uppers and lowers or could i get by with either adjustable uppers or lowers and using the others stock? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

I would say just replace lca's since it's only 3 iches.I once ran 3" lift without replacing the lca's ,the only place I noticed a difference was turning very tight turns on pavement, it had a binding effect as my alignment guy said it would due to caster angle,other than that it was fine.

I have a 3" lift and just recently got ajustable control arms for it. It worked fine without them but I noticed a big difference in 2 things with them. The first being the articulation in the front end being drasticly improved as the LCA's are no longer the limiting factor and also a generaly less harsh ride as the springs had lost that funny arc and the shocks we're brought back more or less perpendicular to axle travel.

Back