• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

homemade drop brackets

xjhm

NAXJA Forum User
i've been looking for drop brackets for my xj with 6 1/2" lift...
so far, they all seem to be more than i want to pay...
so i think i'll make some...
all i plan to do is to drop the lca's two inches and bring them forward about two as well...this should help my lca(rusty's fixed for a 4 1/2" lift)
i plan to bolt them to the factory brackets using the stock holes, then welding in some extra bracing...
the uppers seem to be at a decent angle, about half the angle of the lowers(i would tell you exactly but i can't find my angle finder) so do i need to drop them both the same distance, or can i only drop the lowers?
any pics. of homebrewed drop brackets will be appreciated, as will any advice

Thinking about building some also, I planned on building dropping both arms keeping the geometry the same, it would be more work but I think worth it.Since you already have longer lca's , 2 inches seems like too much to move in the foward direction,I have 4" lift with adjustable lca's and and it only took about 1/2 inch to set the caster. just my thoughts.

i would like to have the axle sitting forward a bit more than it is now...at full droop my fr. driveshaft is compressing as far as it will go...caster is good as i do have adj. uppers,

also i have a rigidco bumper with short sidewings, so in the wheelwell, i have major room in front of the tire, but the rear of the tire is pretty close to the fender, so it would help with my approach angles too...

once i get into the fab. process i may not go a full two inches forward, because as the lca angle decreases the wheel would be pushed forward a bit
thanks for your thoughts, they got me thinkin more...

Back