• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 9 guys look here

BIG98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Condidering my options axle wise. Id like some opinions on the Ford 9, what gears/locker/tire combo are yall running. How do you like it so for and so on..

I've got a Currie 9", w/ a Detroit & 4:11's. I'm only running 32 x 11.5's. Gear setup is easy, you have strong gears,axels [if 31 or 35 spline] Stonger than a 44, but a little less clearance. Mines degreed, so the low pinon isn't a real problem, & I run a Turbo City glider. Have been running it 7 years, & It's done right by me.

Rob

a little more insight on what you plan to do with your jeep? knowing what you want to do will help us get you started.

I'm wondering the same thing as Big, here.

I'm going with a high end stroker, lift, prolly 32's at first, then moving to 34-35's later on. I'm just doing a 9" because I already have the housing, 31 spline axles, and 3rd member, just need new gears and a locker, and some other misc stuff

Well, as of right now im running 37"SSRs on my stock axles with 456s dertroit out back and no-slip up front, the 8.25 has been flawless, for the D30 all I have broken is a side of balljoints and shortside outer(happened at same time), not all that bad from running 37s on em for 5 months now, but I know im messing with fire. Plus I wanna step up to some 39" Iroks. With the ford 9" I was thinking a moser spool along with the 33slpine shafts. As for the front im planning on building a HP44 not sure what type of set up for the front just yet. Well thsoe are my plans for my over the summer buildup. What do you think of my 9" setup?

for 39.5s I'd run a HP 60 front and 35-spline full-float 60 rear or a 14 bolt.

Back