• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Budget Boost

XJClassic

NAXJA Member #1086
For anyone that has this, with the full length AAL...what is the actual lift height? I have heard the rear end is noticeably higher than the front...just curious what is the "norm". I am looking at the kit, with an upgrade to OME shocks and an OME SS. How does $305.00 shipped for that kit sound (not with the SS)? I have 255/70/16s (30.2") on stock Jeep wheels. Thanks....

i used RE AAL for a while and they gave me close to 3" of lift. i think they say 2.5" right? but yeah, it will be a little higher, but they sagged fast for me, and netted at right around 2.5" OME shocks is a great upgrade! not totally sure on the costs of the kit though, but thats because i've never bought a BB.

whatever happens, you'll love the lift!
brandon

I have the RE 2" with the shorter add-a-leaf and at first the rear was a measureable amount taller than the front (got about 3" at first in the rear). It leveled out though to be just a hair over 2".

I'd say 305 is a decent price with OME shocks, I paid 200 for the short add-a-leaf kit and DT-0 shocks directly from RE.

I put in the same kit as you in, but DT-3K shocks. I'm sitting 1.5" taller in the rear after 3 months. I am going to put in 3" RE springs up front to level it out. I've tried a lot of things to get it to sag in, but it keeps coming back up. I even left 6 cases of water bottles in the back overnight and it came right back up. I would have gone with the OME shocks but couldn't swing the $ at the time. The price on the kit sounds great and I wish I could have found that deal at the time I put mine in.

So the RE 2" budget boost with the long AAL actually hits 2.5-3" in the rear?

Maybe rear shackles are best with the budget boosts?

Check with Dirk at DPG off road. Great guy to work with and great prices (He offers to price match with competitors I think).

His direct number is 316-776-9900

Kevin

I put in the exact same package about 2 months ago. Right now I have almost 3 inches in back (right at 20" from hub center to fender flare) and 2 1/5 in front. I'm not sure if it makes a difference in height, but I started with the "off-road" suspension on a '95. I've been very happy with the entire kit, especially the OME shocks - firm, but good feeling. I think I paid just a bit less for my package, but your price sounds good (priced w/out the SS). BTW, I've had no shakes, vibes, nothin' (knock wood).

Did you guys use the full length AAL or the half.... I just got my kit today, and it has the half leaf, I didn't know I needed to specify... will it be ok?

I had the half-length and it was alright; but it was also one of the driving forces behind my going to 4.5" - I just didn't like the way the half-length leaf looked some days.

It's a little confused getting to it, but if you look at the components of the kit on REs website you can see that it comes with the half-length. Full-length is a 2.5" AAL... Normally they don't give you the option of (a) or (b) so if you want something different you need to ask. Once you do, they'll swap it out no problem and charge/credit the difference.

Back