• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stiff rear springs... Help!!!

atowley

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

I have a question with alcan springs... I bought and installed 8 inch leaf springs from Alcan spring. Their "supposed" to be flexy and custom built for my stripped out XJ weight wise. But their hard as a rock right now. And my truck also sits an inch or two too high in the rear now. Do I have to beat on these springs for a run or two and "break" them in before they perform properly? I talked to Alcan and they said their built right and should be flexy. What's my problem? The only real flex I'm getting is out of my revolvers. I double checked to make sure my leaf bolts and bushing weren't binding and etc. They weren't Any advice is appreciated. Should have went coils like I originally planned...

Its probably the "Revovlers",do they have room to move within the shackle pockets?That and the static length is the problem I had with my scissor shackles.I ended up trimming the heck out of the front before they stopped hitting!
s1.jpg

s2.jpg

Back