• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

goodyear MTR

shimmy

NAXJA Forum User
whats the cheapest price for a set of 33's anyone has found here in WA state. so far offroadtoystore is the best price, only cuz the shipping is free!

shimmy said:
whats the cheapest price for a set of 33's anyone has found here in WA state. so far offroadtoystore is the best price, only cuz the shipping is free!

Consider that if you need hazard service you're pretty much screwed.

A friend of mine bought some recently and he went with Discount Tire. Not sure what he paid but check out http://www.discounttire.com/dtc/home.jsp for an update. Keep in mind that 'Discount Tire Direct' will ship them to your door...but they don't honor the hazard warranty. You'll be glad you got the warranty when you toast one of your tires or need a balance away from home. ;)

Get them cheap wherever you can then drive up to discount and buy the warrenty there ( was $120 for 5 35" MTR's)

we got a nail in a set I got online for $600 and it was too close to the sidewall so we bought the road hazard then (they already knew it needed replaced and still sold the warrenty)

cherokeekid said:
Get them cheap wherever you can then drive up to discount and buy the warrenty there ( was $120 for 5 35" MTR's)

we got a nail in a set I got online for $600 and it was too close to the sidewall so we bought the road hazard then (they already knew it needed replaced and still sold the warrenty)

Haven't heard of that before...but that's some customer service! :)

found a site that has some MTR's for a good price. the only problem is they don't have 33's, just 35's and 32's. what the heck is up with that?

brandon
should i run 35's on my XJ with 7.5" lift? i'm geared to 4.56, but i heard that sucks with 35's

They sell just a warranty on tires? I may end up getting this guys 31" MTRs then :p Shimmy, I called them a few minutes ago for a quote on some BFG 31" M/Ts although it was over $600 something, he asked how the price sounded and he said it should be near the best. If I find a better price elsewhere he'd match it. $550 online is the best I've found. Tried Wal-Mart or Costco? I've heard they can have good prices as well. I tried as well but Costco never answered and when I asked about tires at Wal-Mart she told me again it was Wal-Mart and hung up :p

- Kevin

ECKSJAY said:
Haven't heard of that before...but that's some customer service! :)

actually not cust service the certs are more or less a scam anyways, the tires come from the dactory with a warrenty. Most tire people don't know any better anyways so even without them they would think you needed them when you really don't

cherokeekid said:
actually not cust service the certs are more or less a scam anyways, the tires come from the dactory with a warrenty. Most tire people don't know any better anyways so even without them they would think you needed them when you really don't

I know about the factory warranty, but it's a lot easier getting Discount to re-mount, balance, rotate, and replace stems if you have the cert. I've taken mine into Discount and they balanced and fixed a hole in the tread for free...but then the tires were a brand they sell there, just purchased by someone else. Hell, for that matter I've had Firestone and Tire Factory fix flats for me and friends for free. They usually just say, "Come back and see me when you need new tires. Have a nice day."

It's all relative I guess. ;) I've just heard of places turning folks down for free services because the tires weren't purchased there. YMMV, I guess.

shimmy said:
should i run 35's on my XJ with 7.5" lift? i'm geared to 4.56, but i heard that sucks with 35's

Thats what I'll be running here fairly shortly, and thats what Cherokeekid us running gear/tire wise. I dunno, everyone has thier opinion, but I dont think it'll be too bad. Sounds like you got plenty of lift to clear em, heck, mine almost cleared 35" tires with 6" of lift.

hards91xj said:
Has anybody tried Big O ,I poked a root thru the side wall at Elbe Hills they replaced it free of charge mud and all

BIG O overtorqued my studs when I was a kid and I broke 2 sockets trying to get the wheels off. Went back and the owner could cared less, bout a week later my rotors were warped.

I'm a fair person, but the treatment I got was so bad. I will tell each and every person that asks about them that story.

i'd agree, they tried to rip off my buddy. they told him that 180 a tire was a decent price for some 33 MTR's. my buds not very financially inclined so he thought it was a good deal too... i've always told him to shop around before you buy! oh yeah, and he's friends with the local big o owner!

brandon
thats bullshit!

While we're sharing BIG O stories I might as well throw mine in here. We had the local BIG O mount and balance new tires for my wife's corolla as well as do an alignment. A few weeks later we took a trip to Oregon and drove all over the place. About 200 miles from home we stop for lunch and as we're getting in the car I notice that one of the tires was pretty worn so I check the rest. All the tires were severely worn and 3 of the four were worn so bad the steel belting was actually exposed and the wires was sticking out. Unfortunately there wasn't a BIG O in the town we were in so we went to Les Schwab and bought all new tires. Les Schwab didn't have time to do an alignment, so we had to drive home as it was, which probably turned out to be a good thing.

When we got home I drove over to the BIG O, threw all the tires out and told them to give me my money back. They checked the alignment and it was rediculously off. The guy was even dumbfounded by how bad it was. They fixed the alignment and wrote us a check. :D

My_Little_Pony said:
Have you tried 4wheelparts.com? They have free shipping right now too and they seem to be pretty good price. I will hopefully be getting this from them:

http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/packages/index.asp?ParentPacID=50

here is the page for the MTR's:

http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/products/productLine.asp?cat=TIR&prodline=1668&catName=TIRES&man=GOOD

I got this months issue of 4 wheel parts monthly magazine, Off road Adventures and it has those same 31" Superswamper LTB's and wheels for $519 package price and the guy at the counter said you can sub the 31's with the 33's and same wheels for 672.99

Les Schwabb has always had pretty decent deals on tires, especially when your family has done business with them for years, and a lot of times you'll get the mount and balance and some other stuff for free, but thats just my opinion.

Kris

Check your local Walmart/Sam's Club. They have MTR's at mine, as well as BFG at's & Dunlop Mud Rovers for good prices. Get the posted receipts from Pirate4x4's tire post. The store should honor them.

Back