• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I wanna run 36" IROKS (how)

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Alright I need some new 33s I was all ready to buy some TSL bias and the 35s were sitting next to them so I was like ya know a couple more inches of lift and more trimmin I could fit some 35s then I said fawk it I want some 36" IROK's. So I got a price of $170 each for 36x13.5x15. So how tall you guys think I sould go to fit them? I am at 5" with 33s now and I can still trim maybe a couple more inches out of the fenders.
DIG IT!

No lift, just get the tires and start trimming till they fit. I would think you should be able to do this. I was planning on trying it out but decided against any bigger then 33's.

ideally, i would say keep it at 5". if it's a 2 door you have plenty of room to trim/re-weld. if it's a 4 door, you can move the gas tank, move the axle back, and then trim. actually i don't think you can call it "trim"ing at that point, you're well into the realm of "hack"ing.

more realistically, 7 inches sounds about right with some minor trimming. I've seen pictures of the 36" IROK next to 37" MTRs and they are almost identical height, and a little wider on the IROK.

well I have to decide by the end of the summer.
anyone running 36 IROKS on an XJ?

thats purtier than my sister

It can be done with 5" just understand that your up-travel will be limited to about 3-4". I just got 36" swampers that are the same size and am in the process of lifting to about 7" This should help get me some more flex and more all important ground clearance. The main reason that I am going to 7" is that the steering and long arm have already been re-done to work at that ammount of lift. If you still have stock configuration steering and suspension, you may just want to keep it at 5"
mattk

IIRC CheapXJ is running 36's on minimal lift - check out www.cheapxj.com

you could fit 36s under 5.5" of lift. hell one of the guys on here has 37s w/ 5.5" RE(i think its RE) lift and some trimming. right now at my 6.5" w/ little trimming i can fit 36" TSLs no sweat. dont know anything about flexing cause im not using em. gota save up for the 37" XTs

I have 33's with 3in of lift and hacked fenders i say go for it it'll look mean as hell i wanna see some pics when it's done

I ran 36s on 4.5 inches of lift, you do have to limit your up travel some but I rarely found a situation where I was asking for more flex. Not in the local terrain.

Back