• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

is there good book or materials on emergency field repairs

lapaul

NAXJA Forum User
Is there a good book or web source on how to make emergency repairs on the trail--enough at least to get you back to the paved road, where AAA towtruck might venture.

2 rolls of duct tape, 5 tubes of JB Weld, 1 shock boot, 1 nerf football (only if there is 2 or more people involved), 2 cans of Readywhip, and a Meatloaf cd will get you out of any predicament. Did I forget anything?

A couple batteries, welding rod and some jumper cables will fix damn near everything that is metal. For any other materials see above posts :greensmok

I remember reading some stories on trail repair...but I am not aware of any books on this subject. Sounds like something like that could be useful...Heck and maybe even profitable for someone who puts it together.....
Rick

Jump This said:
I remember reading some stories on trail repair...but I am not aware of any books on this subject. Sounds like something like that could be useful...Heck and maybe even profitable for someone who puts it together.....
Rick

You are probably closest to the answer by suggesting reading stories :D I always look at all the run and carnage reports as those talk about some off the wall repairs (does anyone remember seeing a pic of a wrangle on a piece of a tree that was cut down to act as a skid when the xle shaft broke and there was "no more wheel" on one side?)
I think most situations are unique and you just gotta play it by the ear and be creative.

Back