• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power antenna wiring harness question.

RTicUL8

NAXJA Forum User
I recently replaced the power antenna, but I am having trouble finding the “relay” to hook the harness into.
The antenna has been broken (in the up position) for the last 7 years. I finally got around to replacing it, but the power harness was disconnected. It has three wires on it – white/gray/green.
According to the manual, the harness should plug into a relay, but I can’t find it.
Can anyone tell me exactly where this relay should be located?
I found the two door lock relays and some other connectors, but nothing that the antenna harness can plug into.

Thanks!

'88

I believe the relay is up under the lower dash panel, above the passenger's feet. It has been a while since I replaced mine. If I remember correctly, my relay is bad, and the antenna would not go up or down withour a jumper. I left it in the up position, and never got around to replacing the relay. I can look at my Jeep later, if you like. HTH

I have a '90 cherokee and i checked my electrical service manual and the wiring harness on mine and most likely on yours, is underneath the lower dash panel that is by the passenger foot area, it is on the very right side of this panel near the door.

It is under the glove box. It is held up there with two hex screws. I found access easier by unscewing the lower dash panel all the way across.

BTW, this is not your typical relay. There is a resistor and diode in it.

Back