• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ORGS Fab over axle bracket for trackbar... anyone have it?

Drunk tank

NAXJA Forum User
Well since I'm going to be fabbing up a new inverted-T setup for the steering on my XJ... I'm gonna have to move the axle mount for the trackbar. Mostly to try and get the draglink and trackbar as parallel as possible and alieviate any bumpsteer that will be created. I currently have a RE trackbar and drop bracket if that makes a difference. I was wondering if anyone here has bought and installed the ORGS OAB( http://www.orgsmfg.com/product/fabpics.htm )? If you have... would you mind shoin me a few measurements for it? with what I'm doing I figure that buying one would put the trackbar in the totally wrong place since I imagine it was built guessing people would have the inverted Y setup. Just wanna try to figure out how to solve the trackbar issue (even though I'll be driving around with the new steering and current trackbar setup for awhile till I can figure out the best way to solve that issue.)

Thanks for any help
Ryan Espoy

Ryan,

Yep, I have the OAB installed and it's one of the best mods I've done to my suspension. For tall lifts - 6" or higher - it corrects the geometry up front so that your track bar isn't maxed out and limiting droop. Once installed, it gets your trackbar better aligned with the steering parts - especially when changing to an over-the-knuckle steering system or the inverted "Y" like you're doing.

I have the R.E. heavy duty trackbar and trackbar mount. I had to shorten my trackbar about 3-4 inches when I installed the OAB.

Basically, the best way to install the OAB is to start by cutting off the factory track bar bracket at the axle and the steering stabilizer bracket. You may have to cut off the sway bar bracket too, but I don't know if the inverted "Y" setup hits that bracket. Over the knuckle swaps do require removal of both factory sway bar brackets.

Once you've removed those items, simply rest the OAB on top of the spring perch just ahead of the coil spring. You should easily see where you need to cut and what metal needs to stay to give you something to weld to. Once you remove the excess metal from the spring perch, you may decide to add some extra strap steel in places for added strength - I did.

As with any custom fabrication - not everyone's measurements are gonna work out the same so I wouldn't rely on anyone's measurements other than what you come up with on your own. Look at the install pics on ORGS website and you'll figure it out.

Too bad we don't live a bit closer - you could check out mine.....

Good Luck!

Thanks for the info. As for the steering; I'm switching to a Inverted T and ditching the inverted Y... that's why I'm hesitant about buying the bracket. As for the sway bar mount issues...no worries, dont have a sway bar and cut the mounts off the axle

BTW... I'm gonna be down in your area this wensday afternoon and friday afternoon, if you have some free time would ya mind if dropped by and checked yours out?

DSCF0040.JPG

I'm working on an inverted Y, but OTK. I feel the inverted Y will work fine as long as you reduce the angles.

Back