• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front End questions

NCSUcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
working on the new D30 when i came across a few problems-

what is involved in replacing a UCA bushing? my haynes manual doesnt list the procedure.

and, is there any special trick to get a pitman arm to come off? i just broke my jaw pullers trying to loosen it up

Thanks

I´ve got a really big puller, tightened until it was about to explode and wacked the side of the pitman arm, at the sector shaft, with a BFH, popped (exploded) right off of there. Don´t know if I´d pound on the sector shaft much, but judicious use of a hammer, could be helpfull.

I soaked my pitman arm in liquid wrench, then used a $12 pitman arm puller from Advance Auto....slid off like buttah!

I soaked my pitman arm in liquid wrench, then used a $12 pitman arm puller from Advance Auto....slid off like buttah!

Thats what i tried to do except it was PB blaster and a $25 multi purpose puller, and it exploded like a firecracker when the arm broke off instead of sliding off like "buttah"

I wrap the pitman and puller in a towel before I really torque at it with a breaker bar. If they don't slide off they really cme off and ricochet, could hurt. (lesson mearned). As far as the UCA bushing, it should probably be pressed in somehow. When I did mine it whacked it out and tried to whack it back in.....a few days later and the only thing keeping it there is the UCA. HTH

P

Back