• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broken front seat

Ralph

NAXJA Member #149
The part of the driver seat frame that bolts to the slide mechanism broke on my 96 XJ. Are the seats from the newer (97-2001) models interchangeable with older models?

Ralph said:
The part of the driver seat frame that bolts to the slide mechanism broke on my 96 XJ. Are the seats from the newer (97-2001) models interchangeable with older models?

I had mine break down near the right cheek, right on the corner. Took it to a small auto upholestery shop and they stripped the seat, re welded it and repacked it with new foam and reassembled it. He also reinforced two or three other welds. Charged me $50 cash, best $50 I ever spent...my back really appreciated it.

Cool. I called a few bone yards and found a seat out of the same model XJ as mine. Just came in so it hadn't been rained on and matched exactly my old one. They charged me 75 bucks. It's much better than the rocking chair I was sitting in.

Back