• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dearching leaf springs ?

Spooky

NAXJA Forum User
I have a set of custom leafs that gave me about 3.5" more lift than I ordered. I figured they would sag a little with use but so far they havent sagged a bit. Can a spring shop dearch these for me without any ill efects on the springs?(same process as rearching?)

Probably, but don't waste your money. Just take off the center pin and remove the bottom leaf. Reassemble and you should be lowered a bit. It will help you some, but probably not 3.5". Jeez, how high is it sitting back there?

Jared:patriot:

Spooky said:
I have a set of custom leafs that gave me about 3.5" more lift than I ordered. I figured they would sag a little with use but so far they havent sagged a bit. Can a spring shop dearch these for me without any ill efects on the springs?(same process as rearching?)
Yes they can, with no ill effects...
Buck :canada:

Thanks for the info.

Its a just a tad over 8.75". I've lifted the front to compenste but I dont like the extra height. My new coils have alredy sagged so there is about 1.5" difference in the front and rear. I'd rather drop it back down than lift the front again.

I've got 32's now and don't plan to go over 33's so I really need less lift.

Back