• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replacement fog lights

jimmyp

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 XJ classic which has the lower fairing with the fog lights up front. I need to replace a fog light, from the dealer they are a rip. Has anyone found an aftermarket light that fits in the stock location without cutting up the fairing? They dont need to be rectangular like stock, but I also dont want them sticking too far out of the fairing or so recessed they dont do squat.
Jp

Remove the stocker lights completely, pick up a set of Hella 450's or the larger 550's. When you pull the stock fogs you will see several holes where they were mounted, one of them is oval. Use a tapered drift pin to *gently* elongate that hole. Make it big enough to fit the Hella stud and sandwich two big washers on either side of the oval hole for strength. Cut the ends off the factory lights and splice them into the hellas, thats the quick method. The better method is to use the Hella fused relay and Hella wiring that comes with the kit, use one of the old fog light leads to trigger the hella relay and wire the lights into the hella relay just like the directions say, your light ouput from the heavier wire will be far better than the factory light gauge wire..
At the same time pick up a set of Hella E code headlights and do them also, your night driving will be dramatically improved. www.rallylights.com has good prices and fast shipping.

Back