• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mods needed for BB and 31's

woody431

NAXJA Forum User
I searched for this and got mixed results, so I'm asking this to maybe get a solid answer.

I plan on hopefully adding a BB here soon and I'll prolly go with RE. I wanted to get the shackle in the rear and the spacer up front of course. I'll get new shocks, but not sure which ones, maybe Doestech. I want to run 31's on this kit, so, what size bumpstops should I get and whats a good backspacing? I'll probably end up with 15x8" AR767's. I'm going to take all the plastic liner out of my fender wells and go from there. I can tolerate a little rubbing on the control arm at full lock as I deal with it now with 30's.

The tires I'm going to run are 31x10.5", not sure what brand, most likely a M/T of some kind. Should I lengthen the brake lines also? I don't offroad much right now, working alot, but I will this summer. What all do I need to remove to put on this BB? More particularly the front, since the shackle will be pretty easy to intall. (knock on wood)

But if anyone can help me out, i'd appreciate it. Thanks

If you are gonna run 31s on a 2" BB, you need to stick with the stock wheels, or at least wheels with stock BS. They will let the tires tuck into the fenders better, so you won't have to trim/bumpstop as much.

You will have to check your brakelines to see if they are long enough. You should be able to relocate the hardline in the front to get enough length, and the rear should be ok.

As far as installing the spacer in the front, it can be done by removing the shocks and unbolting the trackbar from the axle. You could use spring compressors to make the job easier, but I have never needed them.

HTH

Back