• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HP30 Vac Disco questions

Cue-ball

NAXJA Forum User
I have a vacuum disconnect HP30 I need to convert to handle the one piece axle shafts. I hear there is a kit somewhere that includes a block off plate and the seals I need.

Does anyone know where I can get this??

Also the gears that came in the axle are not the ones I need. I think I can pick up a used set of gears and carrier, what I am not sure is do I need an install kit or do I need a master install kit? What is the difference?

Can I do the gears myself in the garage? Is there any write ups on gear changes?

Thanks for the help.

You need a specific seal for the inner passenger side, and you'll have to remove the carrier to put it in. You can do that or have the housing machined to accept the stock seal for non-disconnect axles, or so I hear. Warn has the seal as it's part of their selectable hub install kit for the D30.

If you don't know that you can do the gears in your garage, you probably can't. They require special tools to shim them up correctly for each carrier/case combo, otherwise you'll get uneven gear wear, howling gears and eventual failure.. If you're just pulling your carrier and putting it back into the same housing this procedure isn't required, but if you're putting a new carrier in your housing then you will have to have a professional with the right tools do it.

All-in-all, if you can find a good deal on a D30 that is non-disconnect and has the gears you want, it may be better to go that route, unless you know someone who has the hook-up on gear installation.

Back