• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long Arms

TCXJWAGONEER

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking at a Long arm setup on a TJ today and i was wondering what would i have to do to make my own set up for my XJ With a 5" lift? I would have to make new frame brackets for the uppers and lowers and then make the arms right? how long will the arms have to be? and will this ride on the road well? what else am i missing? I only plan on doing the front and i was wanting to make a new Crossmember witht the mounts on that. does anyone have a write up?

Thanks

Tommy

You should probably "define" what your looking for!Are you talking about a "radius arm" or a "4 link" set-up?Ive got good pics of a radius arm set-up on my homepage(no specs though).

csudman said:
First thing to do is search for long arm. Read and then ask questions.
The search didn't turn up what i was looking for so i thought i would ask... :thumbup:

Tommy

Last edited:
Send a PM to Goatman, he will tell you all you need to know on building your own long arm kit:^)

That is perfect.....that is exactly what i have been looking for. Thank you.

how does that setup ride on the road? how well does it flex? Thanks again

Tommy

TCXJWAGONEER said:
That is perfect.....that is exactly what i have been looking for. Thank you.

how does that setup ride on the road? how well does it flex? Thanks again

Tommy

I am limited on drop by the shocks, the front flexes so much better then the rear, Last I checked I get around 17" of wheel travel in the front and 9" or so in the back. It rides much better then my maxed out short arm lift did at the same height.

Back