• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i dont know what i'm doing, whinch?

mike86xj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a warn m 12000 winch that i bought off a clearance table from a local auto/farm supply store, it had been taken apart and now i'm not sure if it is put together correctly.

first all the pic's i have seen on warn.com show's the clutch lever at the very top of the winch, mine is more toward's the front, rotated two bolt holes.
and I am wondering if this would cause any problems? I wouldn't think so but maybe I'm wrong.

and second, the chrome rods that connect the two halves of the whinch body.
is there supposed to be 3 or 4 of them?
if three where? top two and bottom/back ?

this is the only exploded view i can find but it doesnt show all the rod's
http://www.warn.com/truck/ReplacementParts/Self-RecoveryRPL/srrpl13-14.pdf

any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Mike

I had just put my ramsey back together the other day. You should be able to rotate the clutch lever to any position. Move it to another set of holes and put it together. I had to rotate my clutch to the top from a 45% for my new bump.

The chrome bars there are only two on most of the winches I have seen. Two on the top and the mounting plate holds the bottom together.

If you're still stuck, you can call Warn customer support directly. The number is on their website. They will email you schematics of your winch - down to the nat's a**.

Back