• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tera 2-Low

xj92

NAXJA Forum User
Who has the Tera 2-Low? Where is the best place to buy it (good price, fast delivery, or best service)? How do those of you who run it like it? How difficult to install? I installed the short-shaft kit on my own, so I'm sure it's not that difficult, but do you have to remove the t-case to put it in or just the back half? I'm working 84 hours this week so I'll have a little money to play with and want a new toy. Can you shift it from 2L to 2H on the fly (would make for 10 gears around town :))? TIA.

xj92 said:
Who has the Tera 2-Low? Where is the best place to buy it (good price, fast delivery, or best service)? How do those of you who run it like it? How difficult to install? I installed the short-shaft kit on my own, so I'm sure it's not that difficult, but do you have to remove the t-case to put it in or just the back half? I'm working 84 hours this week so I'll have a little money to play with and want a new toy. Can you shift it from 2L to 2H on the fly (would make for 10 gears around town :))? TIA.
I've got the kit. It works awesome in the rocks, particularly if you have a front traction device. You DO have to split the case, but the front half stays in.
You can shift from 2-low to 4-low on the fly, but the 2-low position is all the way back. The 2-hi is all the way forward. Can't do that.
I'd recommend the mod!

I've got a Detroit in the front, so it would be nice. Any interior shifter mods required or just shorter shift points for each option?

Yeah, that's it. The teeth on the shift fork are just closer together. It works really slick! I wouldn't give mine up, since most of the trails here are slickrock similar to Moab.
Edit: I just noticed you're from AZ also, so you're well aware of the trails here. Sorry... :doh:

I love mine, one of the best of the mods I've made. It adds one more shift position with the lever all the way back, nothing else changes. You can shift between 4lo and 2lo without stopping. As far as who has the best price......let your fingers do the walking.

One thing to be aware of on an older rig, or if you shift it a lot like I do, since the 2lo position is with the lever all the way back it can not go into 2lo properly if the little plastic gromets in the linkage are worn. Not a very common problem, but that's what it is if anyone has trouble getting it into 2lo.

Should be $180-$200. You can start by calling Tera themselves.

JnJ said:
Got mine for around $160 at DC.

I must be out of the loop here, enlighten me. Who or what company is DC? Daimler Chrysler comes to mind but I can't for the life of me figure out why they would sell Tera products, AND have the best price on them, so you must be referring to somebody else.

xj92 said:
I must be out of the loop here, enlighten me. Who or what company is DC? Daimler Chrysler comes to mind but I can't for the life of me figure out why they would sell Tera products, AND have the best price on them, so you must be referring to somebody else.

DC 4WD

Back