• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RubiconExpress Trackbar? worth $150?

cidion

NAXJA Forum User
I'm new to this stuff...

untill 6 weeks ago I didn't know what a trackbar was.

Now, because of death wobble, I know. Sheesh... I know. (should be renamed Death shake-the-crap-out-or-your-rear)

A local shop is getting a shipment of Adjustable trackbars in today.
Rubicon Express they said. $150 they said.

Is there a better brand worth spending more money on, and waiting for shipment?

I have an 88 XJ with 95' equipment (axles, suspension, etc) 3inch lift springs, and 2inch coil spacers in the front.

Thanks for the advice.

cidion said:
I'm not sure if they have them in stock. Does that require the extra bracket?

What are the benifits for the 1660?

Thanks

yes, it requires extra frame bracket. but it doesn't have a heim joint, that RE1600 has.

cidion said:
I'm not sure if they have them in stock. Does that require the extra bracket?

What are the benifits for the 1660?

Thanks

It uses their superflex joint which is far superior to heims.

Danno said:
another good alternative is JKS's track bar from ORGS. buy it from some place like DPG and get a discount.

Try Kevin's Jeep Parts. He made a new frame mount bracket that replaces the stock tie rod end and allows the use of a WJ track bar. This gives the front end more droop. It is a little expensive $260 I think but I've got it on mine and not even a hint of DW. Kevins Trackbar Conversion

Danno said:
another good alternative is JKS's track bar from ORGS. buy it from some place like DPG and get a discount.

Thanks

What's DPG? I'm all for cheeper.

If the shop doesn't get any in today, I might just order one...
Is the new mounting bracket an easy install? or a pain..(you see... i'm lazy)

cidion said:
Thanks

What's DPG? I'm all for cheeper.

If the shop doesn't get any in today, I might just order one...
Is the new mounting bracket an easy install? or a pain..(you see... i'm lazy)

DPG Offroad

Dirk is a great guy and has good prices if you're gonna go RE.

dirk will definitely have great prices for ya! if you get the RE HD trackbar and the required bracket, i would also reccommend getting the track bar brace that ties the frame mount onto the other subrame side. without it, your subrame will flex a little at the frame mount, and that may get nasty in the long run...

brandon

Back