• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

crank case ventilation

Mjr Minor

NAXJA Forum User
Ive heard that Chrysler was smoking something when the designed the positive crank case ventilation system. Has anyone found a fix? I bought this jeep from someone that bought all new pipping and crap.

any info?

Thank you

I put a real pcv valve in mine it seems to be working fine got parts at oreilly auto valve # FV202 grommet #42049 (you can hear it sucking sometimes)

i did everything suggested to prevent blowby; swapped out the lines, cleaned the valvecover, etc. I even checked my compression and they all fall into spec, so it doesn't seem that that's the problem either. I'm just making a little catch-jar so that it keeps the mess contained and I can just dump it out as needed.

mad maXJ said:
i did everything suggested to prevent blowby; swapped out the lines, cleaned the valvecover, etc. I even checked my compression and they all fall into spec, so it doesn't seem that that's the problem either. I'm just making a little catch-jar so that it keeps the mess contained and I can just dump it out as needed.

A catch can is the best idea, but needs to be removed for smog checks, as it is not CA smog legal.

CRASH

Back