• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rhino ramps

Churchlady

NAXJA Forum User
These seem to be very well-liked by BMW/Miata/Mustang/etc. people even though most of those cars are almost too low-slung for them, but I find nothing about them on any Jeep forums incl. this one; confusing to me because I'd think they'd be ideal for high-clearance Jeeps.

We want to do some time-consuming rust-prevention work & this would seem to be the safest & most economical way to raise the car, considering I have a gravel driveway & no garage.

Has anyone used them? Is there more than one size/height?

High-lift & cinderblocks?

I'm using regular ramps up front and jackstands in the rear to remove my trans, plenty of room.

They're only a little over 8 inches tall. They're low profile, which is why those people would love them. A lifted XJ probably wouldent get much use out of them. Just my guess....

Some dumb questions by someone who's never been underneath & car & hopes never to be (my son is going to win this job):

What do you mean by "regular" ramps, Blue? The metal kind? How tall are they? Don't they tend to sink into soft ground?

And I'm not sure what you're saying, Southern. My Jeep isn't lifted. Would the 8.5" Rhinos not give enough additional height to do some light rust brushing/coating? (I have only a little surface rust, my mechanic says.)

They sound really good--lightweight, strong, cheap ($30ish for the 8000 lb.test), & better on ground/gravel. But I don't sure don't want to lug something home that's not going to make any appreciable difference.

Many thanks...

Well, I guess 8" is better than nothing, but my wife's XJ is on stock wheels with stock suspension and I can barely slide under it. I wouldent think that 8" would help that much. Sure, it'll help a little, but it seems your still gonna lack elbow room. I would either look for something taller or plan on using some large jack stands under the axle after raising one end with a hydraulic jack, but I dont jack mine up often and we're talking about something dangerous, so ask around some more.

I would think that by 'regular' he means the plain steel ones with the rolled edges like you buy anywhere. I dont think he means taking these things on the trail with him. I wouldnt use them on anything but concrete. Yeah, they can sink into the ground.

I havent dont much off roading.... at all, but I would think jacking up the vehicle on the trail and jacking up the vehicle in the garage are two different animals.

Back