• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

track bar choices for 8" lifts

shimmy

NAXJA Forum User
those of you who are running an 7"-8" lift, trackbar setup are you running? i have 8" and the RE HD trackbar and bracket don't center me over the axle. What are your reccomendations for fixing this?

brandon
i was thinking over welding on some steel, and extending the axle mount further toward the driver side. any other easier suggestions? oh yeah, those relocation brackets don't work!

Isn't the track bar adjustable?

Im using rusty's over the axle trac bar setup and it's pretty sweet. Just got the mount welded it on top and then used some solid pipe dilled and tapped to right length.

TRNDRVR said:
Not for that much lift. I had my RE track bar extended to accommodate my lift height. Work just fine.
Dan.

Drill a new hole and move the track bar axle mount over, which also allows better clearance for more axle droop. The adjustable track bar should work fine if the hole is moved over.

I'm having trouble imagining a track bar in the OEM position with 8"-9" of lift. :eek:

CRASH

CRASH said:
I'm having trouble imagining a track bar in the OEM position with 8"-9" of lift. :eek:

CRASH
If you'd ever show up to JV I'd show it to you. JK :D
Like I should talk, I've only been there once. :confused:
It is at the end of its limit. It's all going to go away when I do my hp44. Actually, it'll probably be for sale when I take it off.
Dan.

CRASH said:

CRASH
you have no imagination :flipoff2:

just do it like this track bar:
Fabtaboulus.jpg

:D

Goatman said:
Drill a new hole and move the track bar axle mount over, which also allows better clearance for more axle droop. The adjustable track bar should work fine if the hole is moved over.

thats what i was thinking, but wouldn't i have to weld some more steel to move the hole over and reinforce that area?

brandon
that is a crazy denali! or whatever that beast is!

shimmy said:
thats what i was thinking, but wouldn't i have to weld some more steel to move the hole over and reinforce that area?

brandon
that is a crazy denali! or whatever that beast is!

No, just drill a new hole between the current hole and the edge of the bracket. You shouldn't need much with an adjustable track bar.

Goatman said:
No, just drill a new hole between the current hole and the edge of the bracket. You shouldn't need much with an adjustable track bar.
you have any pix of yours? i just feel like there isn't that much metal that far out, to really keep the bolt from ripping out! if you could post a pix or send it to me via email, that would sell me on the idea

brandon
[email protected]

Don't be afraid.........just fo it. :)

It has been standard practice for many years to redrill the axle mount hole over an inch to keep the track bar centered. There has never been any negative effects of doing this that I am aware of. I did it to mine and ran it that way until I went to over the knuckle steering and moved the track bar to the top of the axle tube. I do it to every rig that I'm invoved in lifting, if they don't have an adjustable track bar with the lift.

Yeap what Richard just said. Before I had an adjustable trackbar I drilled another hole just to center the front axle. Go for it.

Joe

Drilling a new hole is a common practice. Alot of lift companys have this mod right in their install instructions. You will want to move the hole 1" over from the existing hole. Yoy can reuse the stock nut plate and bolt. :roll: :roll:

Currie makes one. My jeep had 11" at one time and the previous ower ran a currie T-Bar. I have a skyjacker on it now with 8" and I am planning on replacing with the Currie.

I've already spoke with you shimmy, but here is the pic again. Skyjacker Extreme Drop...

707859dsc00442.jpg

Bolt on?

Skyjacker: http://www.luvmyjp.com/images/88xj/10-21-01b1.jpg
<The picture is badge’d with my company name so I just hyperlinked it.>
There are some other pics on this page.

I loved this set up. I am in the process of building my 98 and plan on using this same set-up. Everyone shook their head at me, but the stabilizer mount held up wonderfully. SkyJacker part number is SKY-TBA80(8"lift) SKY-TBA60(6"lift). Don't mess with the crazy way SkyJacker tries to mount a stabilizer...you really don't need one, I didn't.

ps: That's the Currie 4" lift TJ steering with the SkyJacker 8" lift drop pitman arm. It drove like a dream.

Back