• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front end questions

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
ok, with a d30 with 4.88's and a detroit and 760's in stock shafts what should I look into upgrading and strengthening? I would like to get alloy shafts but that's many $$ away and I went over my budget with the lockers and gears as it is.
Anyways, apart from alloy shafts is there any "preferred" order of upgrading components as in: you gotta do this before that?

Thanks

That didn't take you long to change your sig...

I would just carry some spare shafts/hubs and not worry about it. I run 33" swampers with detroit front and wheel the piss out of it and havn't broke anything drivetrain related. alloy shafts and CTM joints would be nice but for that price I could get all the tube I need to finish my cage.
DIG IT :eek:

Kejtar said:
is there any "preferred" order of upgrading components as in: you gotta do this before that?

Yup it's preferred to do them all at the same time! :D

You do what you can, if your so worried about it. Maybe you should have done a D44. ;) Otherwsie, wheel it until it breaks! :D

As far as stock shafts, just make sure to get them full-circle clipped or at least tack weld the caps.

OK.... so in that case when I do the front gears I will do the full clip for the ujoints :D Btw, where did you guys get them from? Is there a place to order them on the net?

Oh,.... and yeah.... I can't wait for the stuff to come in :D If timing falls through right I might do the Con on the 4.88's with front and rear locked, although I would still have 31's (I can already picture this: crawling will be great but it will take me a week to get there :D). Anyways, I'll see how it goes: I still gotta finish the rear bumper.

fawk full circle clips.

if the joint goes, the shafts will be junk. weld them fawkers in and beat it.

I am convinced that welding in my 760s is the ONLY thing that kept me from breakin here:
centralia48.jpg

btw, that's a 36x12.50 TSL

I know for a fact that welded 260s are strong enough to do this:
shaft0.jpg

pass. side inner. I did that w/ 235s and an open diff :wow:

Back