• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check Engin Light (code 21)

Joe said:
Ok the O2 sensor is after the header right? and if its not the O2 sensor what do you mean by circut?

Joe

It means that it's either one of the sensors (there are actually two of them) or it's the wiring between the comp and the sensors (break, loose wire, short...)

Kejtar said:
It means that it's either one of the sensors (there are actually two of them) or it's the wiring between the comp and the sensors (break, loose wire, short...)

Rami,

It has two sensors? Where is that other one?

Joe

Joe said:
Rami,

It has two sensors? Where is that other one?

Joe

Actually I Think depending on the year it might be one or two.. Best way to find both is to look at the wire going form the sensor and trace it and you will see it splitting up. FOllow it back if you got 2 to find the second one.

It's a 94 and I think it only has one. I think that the 96 and up have two. I've order the o2 sensor since it's 10years old and 114,000 miles. I had the same code come up when the header was cracked, but went away after I replaced it with at new one. But now it came back, I just don't know :smsoap: :confused: :confused:

Thanks,

Joe

Joe said:
It's a 94 and I think it only has one. I think that the 96 and up have two. I've order the o2 sensor since it's 10years old and 114,000 miles. I had the same code come up when the header was cracked, but went away after I replaced it with at new one. But now it came back, I just don't know :smsoap: :confused: :confused:

Thanks,

Joe

the cracked header was giving the o2 sensor a bad reading/input and when you replaced the header it corrected the reading. now it sounds like the old sensor went south or the wiring could have burned on the header. on my 89, the o2 sensor is on the header.

I'm picking up the sensor tomorrow and installing it as well. I'll check all the wiring will I'm installing the sensor. On the 94 is't on the down pipe after the header meets the down tube.

Thanks,
joe

Joe said:
On the 94 is't on the down pipe after the header meets the down tube.

Thanks,
joe

on my 89, it might also be on the downtube, all i know is that it is very easy to get to from underneath. ill take a look in the morning

Back