• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pacesetter Header Install

rws

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to install a Pacesetter header on my 1990 4.0 liter and I want to use a OEM gasket instead of the cheap paper gasket that came with the header. However the OEM gasket appears to have "D" shaped exhaust ports and I am wondering if it will leak with the header????

Hard to say. When I installed my Pacesetter on my '90 (7 years ago), I bought a FelPro gasket that looked just like the OEM and it has been fine. To tell you the truth, I don't remember what shape the ports were but they were the same as the original. Perhaps your gasket is for a '91 or newer manifold?

I installed a Pacesetter header about 2 years ago in my 1989 4.0 XJ. I used a new FelPro gasket because it looked like a better gasket than the one that came with the header. I had an exhaust leak that I could not get rid of so I pulled the FelPro and put in the Pacesetter gasket and have had no problems. There are small differences between the gaskets that I did not think would matter but did. It might be different on later models of XJ's but that's what happened to me.

Steve.

Back