• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TRE-JKS interferance

Abugarcia

NAXJA Forum User
Well I installed a new drag link and tie rod and now there is no room to fit my quick disconnects. Have any of you had this problem? I don't know what to think.

Here are a couple pictures:
P5090001.jpg

P5090003.jpg

Thats a typical problem with the stock drag link and about +6" of lift!

I have almost the same problem. Not quite as bad as yours though. I can get mine on but, when the passenger side stuffs, it hits when I turn right. Here's my solution. I am going to relocate the lower quick disco mounting point by cutting a "V" out of the backside of the lower mounting bracket. Then, I am going to bend it back and up and weld it in place. I will then make the disco on the passenger side shorter to make up the difference of relocating the lower mount. So, basically, instead of the mounting bracket bending up and forward, it will now be located straight up out of the way of the draglink and tierod connection point.

Last edited:
from looking ot the pics could you reverse the lower mounting point of the disco. to where it would point toward the tire, or would it rub?
another thought would be to bend the bar the pin mounts to....
i have 6 1/2" of lift but don't have this prob. mine is close but it fits....but then again, when i removed the factory bolt for the link, i hit it with a hammer and bent it over on accident. so when i straightened it, i may have left it toward the tire a bit..

juicexj24 said:
Go to www.kevinsoffroad.com and look under the fab parts for the ORGS/JKS 2" extended swaybar links. They're weld on but will put the mount for the sb link up and out of the way. Juice
3rd! That's how I fixed mine. About an hour with a grinder and welder, and no more problems there.

once again yes the orgs part is perfect solution ( i have them but haven't had them installed yet)... also a ZJ pitman arm might help as well..

Hmmmm..........those springs look familiar. I wonder whose they might be. I had the problem too, but not as bad so I have lived with it for a while now.---Kyle

Back