• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thoughts on EZ Locker?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Yeah yeah yeah.... I did the search and I see some people love it some people hate it.... but for primarily a trail rig? Any known problems/complaints that anyone has about it? It's a toss up for me between that and the aussie, but aussie's delivery sucks from what I hear. In any case if anyone has any suggestions I'm open to them... btw I'm looking to spend at most $250

for what application do you plan to use it, I have had them on both the front and the rear, and they have worked well, a little hard to steer the front with it locked when going slow and almost imposible when you are stopped, this is where an ARB is a definate advantage

I am Welded rear and Detroit EZ locked in front. I love it I will say that with a front locker you have to learn to drive on the trail a little differently gotta start turning earlier but after two times out I got the hang of it. I cant hear mine on the road at all. Mine is in a Trail rig also. DIG IT
I would recommend it since it is the same price or close to the same price as the aussie. If I am spending $200+ on something I wanna make sure it has a good reputation.Ausssie being a new company dont have that where truetrac is a good company in my opinion. Well I said all that to say that I love mine. DIG IT!

Aussie's delivery sucks??? I got my HP30 a week after I ordered it, and my D44 is en-route right now (2 weeks after). Bill is very good with letting customers know when shipping will be and getting back with you with questions. You're not billed until the locker ships, and they will let you cancel your order at any time. Not to mention their instructions are literally a book with more information than you know what to do with...

Capt. Nemo said:
Aussie's delivery sucks??? I got my HP30 a week after I ordered it, and my D44 is en-route right now (2 weeks after). Bill is very good with letting customers know when shipping will be and getting back with you with questions. You're not billed until the locker ships, and they will let you cancel your order at any time. Not to mention their instructions are literally a book with more information than you know what to do with...

Hmmm I will have to give them a call tomorrow then... maybe their long delivery times are a thing of the past?

I had no problems with my lockrights, some girly types whine about the noise and driving characteristics but its not bad :) That beings said I do like my arbs though, its fun to play with all the switches.

I ran EZ lockers both front and back for many years, before I redid the axles and went to Detroits. No problems and no compaints.

I'm running a Quick-loc (same design as the EZ) in the front and it is a pain in the ass to steer.

I don't think it's unlocked since I've had it in.

If anybody has an explaination please hit me up back-channel.

I'm running EZ lockers in the front and rear in my rig and they have worked perfectly. The front isn't a problem on the street because of the disco front axle even though I can here it clicking when I turn very sharp at slow speeds. Off road I noticed the reduction in turining ability when I first drove with them but anymore they don't seem to bother me although I will probably rig up some kind of cable disconnect soon. I'm not sure how many miles are on the lockers (I bought the rig with them installed) but I've personally had it for 2 years with no problems as my DD. I'd recomend them.

Okie Terry said:
I'm running a Quick-loc (same design as the EZ) in the front and it is a pain in the ass to steer.

I don't think it's unlocked since I've had it in.

If anybody has an explaination please hit me up back-channel.

I assume you mean in 4wd, it should do nothing when in 2wd. Read this thread for some info on how it works:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24068

Goatman said:
I assume you mean in 4wd, it should do nothing when in 2wd. Read this thread for some info on how it works:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24068
Naw, in 2wd it doesn't seem to unlock because the steering is so hard to turn while moving slowly.

Ever since I installed it, the power steering struggles (just replaced the pump and box) and whines and if your looking at the front left tire during a left turn, it almost seems to try to catch up with the other tire.

Is it possible that I accidentally installed the thrust washer backwards? would this cause it to not disengage. Is it even possible to put it in incorrectly and still get the rest of it to go together?

Sorry for the hijack, but I tried to go back channel. Oh well, this may aid in your decision.

Back