• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rubi T-Case

moneypitxj

NAXJA Member #565
after months of headaches w/ my 231
f9bfd05c.jpg

and today i finally got some bling
f8c0de2e.jpg

cant wait for sunday the abuse begins . it will get more use than most rubicons :moon:

Problems with the rear output seal, huh. I work at a Jeep dealer and have had a few of those come in with the problem. The most recent one had only 100 miles on it.

Here are the updated parts required. Cut & paste

1 05093606AA Retainer, t/case rear (includes rear
output shaft seal)
1 04210973 Washer, t/case rear output shaft sealing
1 05093612AA Seal, vehicle speed sensor
1 04167924 Nut, t/case rear flange
AR (1) 05093605AA Sleeve, rear flange wear (seal slinger)
1 04883971 RTV, Engine Sealant
3 05013457AA Fluid, transmission/transfer case (ATF+4)

Bryan

Edit: How did you adapt the speed sensor signal from the new style sensor to your existing engine controller?

Bryan C. said:
Problems with the rear output seal, huh. I work at a Jeep dealer and have had a few of those come in with the problem. The most recent one had only 100 miles on it.

Here are the updated parts required. Cut & paste

1 05093606AA Retainer, t/case rear (includes rear
output shaft seal)
1 04210973 Washer, t/case rear output shaft sealing
1 05093612AA Seal, vehicle speed sensor
1 04167924 Nut, t/case rear flange
AR (1) 05093605AA Sleeve, rear flange wear (seal slinger)
1 04883971 RTV, Engine Sealant
3 05013457AA Fluid, transmission/transfer case (ATF+4)

Bryan

Edit: How did you adapt the speed sensor signal from the new style sensor to your existing engine controller?

Thanks Bryan I am cutting and pasting it over on the Rubi Forum...is the the new bulletin info?

I just pulled it off of the Chrysler TechConnect site. It was published around March 04 and is the latest info that I can find. HTH

Bryan

Moneypitxj,

Did it clear that cool looking crossmember and skid without any mods or did you need to do anything to it?

It sure is cool looking? The skid plate that is. :D

thanks

mark

no mark,

i had to hack that junk all up :D .

i sure hope the company that produced that crossmember sold it to a more respectable company. :D

moneypitxj said:
no mark,

i had to hack that junk all up :D .

i sure hope the company that produced that crossmember sold it to a more respectable company. :D

Really did it fit?

hinkley

yea it all fit, no mods. i probably should put the 1" spacers on the x-member it sits real close to the underbody, but i dont know if that will screw up the drive angle. i do need to find a way to get the speedo line adapted to my line.

moneypitxj said:
yea it all fit, no mods. i probably should put the 1" spacers on the x-member it sits real close to the underbody, but i dont know if that will screw up the drive angle. i do need to find a way to get the speedo line adapted to my line.
Looks like you're gonna have a heck of a mess when you try to empty the fluid.

Back