• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tera ubolt conversion (from strap) -- any good?

MMIXJ

NAXJA Forum User
is this a worthwhile mod? i haven't broken a u-joint yet (knock on wood), but this sounds like it is both stronger and easier to fix...

"
U-Bolt Conversion Kit - Dana 30 and Dana 44s
(UBC-30-44)
Description: This simple kit replaces the yoke and changes the strap used to secure the U-joint with a stronger U-bolt style connector. The stronger U-bolt is also easier to replace after breakage when compared to the standard strap. Extra U-bolts can be stored for emergency use. This kit makes trail repair much quicker.
"

http://www.teraflex.biz/cf/cat/product.cfm?ID=177

How much are they charging? You can drill the threaded holes out and pick up some yokes in the Motormite "Help!" section at most auto parts stores. Of course, you don't get the seal and new pinion yoke, but do you need those?

BTW, I've got a drilled 8.25 pinion yoke that simply needs a seal sleeve prior to installation. Upgrading to the D44 so I don't feel like installing it.

Back