• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much will I need to trim?

BigNutt

NAXJA Forum User
I need to know how much I should expect to trim to not rip my flares off while flexing?

2000 XJ Sport 4-door.

5.5" RE XD coils w/ 3/4" spacer
adj. RE LCAs and UCAs
RE Drop brackets
RE hd tracbar and bracket
Rustys STS 6" springpacks w/ 3/4" shackle

I am going to be running 33x12.50s on Tech 1 RC 15x8 w/ 4.5" backspacing. I should be sitting about 7" of lift, right? I plan on running 35s in the future and then I will cut my flares completly off, but I am not quite ready now.

Thanks NAXJA

The factory flares are mounted using a very long set of bolts that project into the wheel well. When you flex you usually break these off. I drilled mine out and used regular bolts with fender washers going the other direction. It's a bit of a hassle to put the nuts and lock washers on under the flare, but once they're tightened down they shouldn't come off because of broken mounting bolts. You can still knock the flare off by hitting a tree or something and pulling it out of the mounting bracket though, so it isn't a cure all.

Back