• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reminder: Lopez Island, May 15-16th...

Willis

NAXJA Forum User
Just wanted to post up a reminder.

Who: Everyone. You don't have to be a NAXJA member, just a user of the forums (though we might encourage you to become a member :D )

What: Camping/BBQ

Where: Glenn's place, Lopez Island, WA

When: May 15-16th

Why: Why not?

It's at Glenn's house, he's got gas and briquette BBQs, lots of land (sorry no wheeling) and even a trampoline for the drunks...I mean the kids.

Bring about $20 in community food for potluck on Saturday afternoon/eve, some drinks for yourself, camping supplies including food for all other meals, the family, the dog, and whatever else...

Glenn, how's about a mapquest from the ferry dock to your place?

See ya there
Steve

I'll be there by myself.

Let's see...two cases of beer, a fifth of Jack Daniels, two dozen bratwurst, sauerkraut, sandwich rolls, and a case of MREs for the rest of the time. :D

Yup, I'm set. ;) Oh yeah, I should bring my tent and clean underwear. :looser:

hey ecksjay you need to pass out MRE's to all of those who HAVENT had the *snort* PLEASURE of eating an MRE before. I guarantee it'll be interestin.

Kristen

ladywolf said:
hey ecksjay you need to pass out MRE's to all of those who HAVENT had the *snort* PLEASURE of eating an MRE before. I guarantee it'll be interestin.

Kristen

Of course. ;)

You just checkin in or what??? Don't see ya on IM.

I've just been checkin in on my offtime at work a lot lately....dont feel like waiting in line for a non-gov pc so i can use messenger. might log in later and send ya a couple of really funny emails. i guarantee you'll like them!

Kristen

Weeee.... it is getting close. :)

I will try to get a Mapquest or similar up tonight...... The more solid the numbers, the better...as far as who is comming. :)

Glenn

ladywolf said:

Kristen

What you talking about, I had the pleasure (well, I wouldnt call it that) of eating one at work today. Not the greatest thing I ever had, but I can think of worse. Course eating MRE's 3 times a day for a few months might change my opinion.

I am still planning on coming.

Railroad, do you remember which one the MRE was? some are much better than others, especially once you 'cook' them. my favs are pasta w/ veggies or chicken w/ noodles (add the cheese sauce and you get cheesey chikin noodles lol;) hope to see yall at the end of the summer, things here are BORING because I have nothing to do. oh well. talk to yall soon.

Kristen

So how old are the kids that are going to be there?

I'm bringing my friend and maybe her little girl (almost 3).

Just wondering if she will have others to play with around her age group?

Steve

Willis said:
So how old are the kids that are going to be there?

I'm bringing my friend and maybe her little girl (almost 3).

Just wondering if she will have others to play with around her age group?

Steve
Bring the Kid if ya can. :) My kids are pretty excited, even though there has not been much response lately. Mine that live here are 6 and 8.... we have swings, sandboxes (just redid all of that... fresh sand!), trampoline, Big Wheels, etc.... So LOTS of stuff, and LOTS of room for the kids to play.

Still working on trying to arrange fresh salmon.... but without semi-firm numbers.... not wanting to spend a bunch of money on fish that the wild cats will end up eating. :)

Me... even if only a few folks show up..... it is all good. It is about getting to know folks, and have a good time.

I am looking forward to it. :)
Glenn

I'll eat some salmon, but not much. I'm more of a turf kinda guy.

If there isn't much interest from others, I say don't waste your money.

My gal pal wants to know how many other chicks will be there?

Steve

Willis said:
I'll eat some salmon, but not much. I'm more of a turf kinda guy.

If there isn't much interest from others, I say don't waste your money.

My gal pal wants to know how many other chicks will be there?

Steve
Well, hard to tell. My wife will be here for sure. :)

I am a Turf guy too.... but I have Salmon down to a fine art. hehehe
Glenn

My ball joints are shot and my thermostat housing has developed a slight leak...so my Jeep won't be making any long trips. I've provisions in place in case something happens on the way to work, but that's only 15 miles from home.

Getting to the point, unless I can get a ride up I won't be making it. I was planning on flying via Kenmore Air, but I'm going to need my money for these repairs. I can help with gas and pay my portion of the ferry fees if I can hitch a ride with someone. If I don't go I can always work on getting my Jeep in shape and swapping rear axles (which would be nice with the disc brakes and all). I've been looking forward to meeting Glenn for a while now. :(

I might come on up....I am not much of a people person, I am pretty shy, so that's the only thing that would stop me from coming up. Also my lady friend is a big decision if I go or not. If I do go, it will probably be my lady friend, me, and my buddy and his lady friend (maybe). We'll see as the weekend gets closer. Hopefully I will know by Thursday....oh yeah, I have to work Saturday until 2pm, so hopefully that won't matter!!

My_Little_Pony said:
oh yeah, I have to work Saturday until 2pm, so hopefully that won't matter!!

I think the problem you will run into is that it will take you 2 hours to get to the ferry (which leaves at 3:45) , then it's another hour long ferry ride. You probably won't get there until 5 PM or better. It will still be light, but I don't know what time we plan on eating, but we'll be up late BSing and such.

Steve

ECKSJAY said:
My ball joints are shot and my thermostat housing has developed a slight leak...so my Jeep won't be making any long trips. I've provisions in place in case something happens on the way to work, but that's only 15 miles from home.

Getting to the point, unless I can get a ride up I won't be making it. I was planning on flying via Kenmore Air, but I'm going to need my money for these repairs. I can help with gas and pay my portion of the ferry fees if I can hitch a ride with someone. If I don't go I can always work on getting my Jeep in shape and swapping rear axles (which would be nice with the disc brakes and all). I've been looking forward to meeting Glenn for a while now. :(

Well, that sucks. I don't think we have room, but I'll let you know if we do.

Let's plan another for early September.

Steve

Willis said:
Let's plan another for early September.

Steve

Probably isn't going to happen *for me*, some of us are either going to Rubicon or Moab around that time. ;) Unless the meeting is closer, that is. :D

Last edited:
Are we going to get some directions to Glenns house?
I am coming as atleast one possibly two(wife may have to baby sit)
What numbers are we looking at?
Should everyone bring a bag of chips or dessert?
I still have mac and tat salad.

PNW01XJ said:
Are we going to get some directions to Glenns house?
I am coming as atleast one possibly two(wife may have to baby sit)
What numbers are we looking at?
Should everyone bring a bag of chips or dessert?
I still have mac and tat salad.
Sorry, things have been crazy with work..... busting butt to get enough do so that I can enjoy the week-end. :D

1838 Lopez Sound RD
Lopez Island 98261

By Ferry: I-5 take the exit for Hwy 20 to Anacortes. Follow signs to the Ferry. Once on Lopez, straight off the boat a couple miles, the an uphill left turn on Center road. Follow Center road several miles. You will see the hardware store on your right, take the next Left (School Road....at the Scool). Follow Scool Rd, it will go downhill and make a sharp left turn.... after that turn it is called Lopez Sound Rd. I am the 2nd drive way on the left.

We can also meet folks at the ferry that may need that. 360-468-3092 when you know a departure time.

As to who is coming, not sure anymore. Hopefully folks will speak up soon..... easier to plan if we know how many.

Either way...I am looking forward to some relaxation. :)
Glenn

Back