• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tire grooving!

shimmy

NAXJA Forum User
i need some ideas for grooving some TSL's. post some pix, share the wealth, cast some ideas for me to base my decision on...

brandon

In CA, except for the minor cutting done as siping for snow and ice, restrucuring the tread of a tire is illeagal for on-road use.

Nuff said - I've seen some interesting stuff done to BFG MT's with a router and just straight cuts across the tread from side to side...

bburge

bburge said:
In CA, except for the minor cutting done as siping for snow and ice, restrucuring the tread of a tire is illeagal for on-road use.

woops, forgot to check on that stuff up here! oh well, i'd still do it anyway, haha

Beadlocks are illegal too, how man guys are running around with those. My tires are grooved, and the groove police have stayed out of site.

Dude, my next door neighbor is a cop, and he watched me groove my tires, he still doesnt notice. Or he just turns his head when I drive by. Just fuggin do it, it'll be ahhite.

:listenmus LOL.

Someone prove beadlocks are illegal. Please!!!! Post something besides "I read they are illegal on the internet".

Steve

Okay... so their not illeagal. They are however not DOT approved, therefor unlawfull to run on the street. If you need proof, drive to your local tire shop and ask.

Back