• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New fender flare mod (pics!)

hackedxj

NAXJA Member #1090
New member to the site, hope I am adding this in the right place.
This is my fender flare modification in progress on my 1996 Cherokee. What do you think? Most of the spectators so far have been Toyota and CJ owners and they just don't understand.The comments have been from "nice" to "Start looking for fenders".I like it myself, the clearance is great and it makes a 4" lift look alot taller.
I will be doing the rear wheel openings in the same fashion, I'm planning a cheromanche conversion with a little different twist,hence the user name HackedXJ.
If anyone is interested in this mod I'll take some pics doing the other side and rear,it will probably be few weeks. I'll warn you it's not an easy job, body skills are a plus.
I've been watching this forum for a while, really enjoy the inovative ideas you guys come up with, Thanks for checking out my HEEP!
47b4db24b3127ccebe423036d3f10000001610

47b4db24b3127ccebe423012d3d50000001610

47b4db24b3127ccebe42301352e40000001610

47b4db24b3127ccebe42301ed3d90000001610

47b4db24b3127ccebe4230e8d32f0000001610

Yea, better than that an excuse to lose the thornbirds.I plan on putting on some 33 12.50 BFG mud terrians in a few weeks with two more inches of lift

hackedxj said:
Yea, better than that an excuse to lose the thornbirds.I plan on putting on some 33 12.50 BFG mud terrians in a few weeks with two more inches of lift

Good idea on the Thornbirds. Nice looking work. Did you form that flare out of sheetmetal?
It looks like you're cut a little more than I am, and I fit 33" BFGs at 4.5", so if you're adding two more inches you could fit some 35s with very little trouble.

I like the look of it.... I wish that I would have thought of this before I stuck my BW on a while ago... Really clean and smooth

Those things would make 37s look small. What did you use?

Well what exactly did you use? Cause it looks damn good

MCD said:
that is really nice, but can you go that high in the rear?... i would also like to know about the flares.

Thats a problem.

Its a 4dr, he will have to flip his rear leafs to shift the axle back then cut the tubs out, or he will have to cut into his rear door jams!

It all starts with alittle trimming.. :D

download.php

download.php

I_1BADXJ_I said:
I'm gonna guess the flares are full size ford truck... Maybe?

Robert

F250/350?

ZachMan said:
F250/350?

Yeah, that's what I was thinkin...

I don't think they're custom-built, I think they're transplanted. There's a little seam about 3-4" from the bottom that a home-brew wouldn't have...

But I'm guessin...

Robert

Looks like stock flares from a Explorer / F150 to me

Back