• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Avoid Robert's Jeep in Auburn

verrive

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys,
I would just say with my experience AVOID Roberts Jeep. My bull bar came from there and they are horrible. It hit a deer and I had them check it out. They said it was fine and that the bumper shifted on some sort of plate. Well I took it off as it has never been right and they were far from right. The bumper, the brackets and part of my Cherokee is bent. I have minimal mechanical skills and I noticed it was bent? They are horrible and now I have my vaccuum cannister duck taped to the front of my jeep :(

- Kevin

They're a great place to avoid on so many levels, IMHO. I've had my own bad experiences with them and know others who have as well. Other folks have had good experiences and I'm sure we'll hear others who have a vested interest in the dealership chime in. ;)

For parts I've gone through BBC Dodge in Burien, Tom Mattson Dodge in Auburn, and Town and Country Chrysler/Jeep in No. Seattle. All good experiences with those folks...and people who actually seem to know about what they sell. T&C actually gets my personal highest rating.

YMMV

Phil's right...your mileage may vary.

I've never had a problem with them and they actually saved me some grief last summer.

Milam Jeep in Puyallup had my rig last July for 23 days while trying to find an ABS recall part they actually had on their own shelf. The parts guys at Robert's helped the people at Milam figure out what to do and understand that the recall campaign was lifetime.

Further, they sponsor a wide variety of events for Jeep owners. They've sponsored several events for our club and other local Jeepers. They are off-roaders and generally decent people.

The situation you describe seems like an anomaly. I would contact them again and discuss your situation or provide the balance of the story to us for an objective analysis.

YMMV :cool:

John

I would agree with John, go back and ask to have it looked at again and show them what your concerns are. Every dealer has "ignorant" employees.

I worked for a large dealership for about 6years so I know a bit about how they operate.

I've meet the owner of Roberts and can say that he has a genuine interest in Jeeps and those that drive and USE them, other dealers like Kirkland, T & C IMO could care less about the product they sell and would just as readily be a GM dealer.

yeah they suck! dealers really don't know what they are talking about... i had one dealer salesman go on trying to tell me that an XJ has a V6... i was like, dont you mean inline 6, and he goes no V6! whatever dude.

brandon

shimmy said:
yeah they suck! dealers really don't know what they are talking about... i had one dealer salesman go on trying to tell me that an XJ has a V6... i was like, dont you mean inline 6, and he goes no V6! whatever dude.

brandon

A few XJ's did have V6's :p After talking on another board a bunch of people claim they are super cool. Maybe it's a fluke and I got the ass end of the stick... twice... :(

verrive said:
A few XJ's did have V6's :p After talking on another board a bunch of people claim they are super cool. :(

Super cool?.....I'm guessing you mean Robert's Jeep and not the V-6's.
:doh:

Back